Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014 ~ Week 46

Family, friends, future friends, acquaintances, colleagues, NSA, random people of the internet,

I send greetings from the city of Wilkes-Barre! The work in Wilkes-Barre is progressing! We are being blessed with so many miracles and Heavenly Father is in our work. This past week we were able to find 2 new families to teach and I am very excited for that. One we still haven't had the return appointment because it fell through and the other we taught them the restoration.  It was such a powerful lesson. I've really come to love teaching the Gospel so much. I am never sad, frustrated, anxious, or self critical when I am teaching. During that lesson there was a moment where the conversation had gotten a bit out of hand and without even taking about it I stood up in front of 9 people, holding a Book of Mormon in my hand and was able to bear testimony of it... Dan Jones style... If I had been looking in on that lesson, I would have never ever ever guessed that it was little ol' Elder Jorgensen teaching it. I scared myself so bad... It was amazing though. God is in my work and He helps me do things that I never could do myself. There are so many tender mercies in my life, from receiving revelation in a lesson, to finding that one scripture that had been evading me during studies, to finding my favorite Chapstick at the gas station. Life is amazing. God really does place us where we need to be. If He didn't, I wouldn't be here, because I am exactly where He, I, and those around me need me to be.

One incredible bit of revelation I have received recently is that God doesn't give us strength to overcome difficult trials or assignments before they are given. He qualifies the called. He give us trials to show us that we really can't make it... Right as we are about to fall, to fail, that is when he gives us the strength we need to rise up and succeed. I am so grateful for my mission. I would be lost without the lessons I am learning and I want each and every single one of you to know that the church is true, and if you think otherwise it is because you aren't keeping the commandments. Obedience brings understanding. I never want any of you to be unhappy. And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. 

"For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." (Mosiah 2:41)


As for the funny subject line, we were at a members house, and there was a fly buzzing around, and I grabbed a law of Chastity pamphlet out of my bag, and killed it with Chastity. Keep fighting the good fight!  Love you!

~Elder Jorgensen


"Inner courage also includes doing the right thing even though we may be afraid, defending our beliefs at the risk of being ridiculed, and maintaining those beliefs even when threatened with a loss of friends or of social status. He who stands steadfastly for that which is right must risk becoming at times disapproved and unpopular."
-Thomas S. Monson (Prophet, Seer, Revelator)

No comments:

Post a Comment