Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014 ~ Week 48

Hey...
How's it going?  That's good. I'm doing pretty good. How has your week been?
Well that sounds super exciting!

My week has been alright, I've noticed something funny... Before I was a missionary, I almost never ever got sick. Now it seems like I get sick once a transfer. I spent most of this week trying to get over a stomach flu and a cold. It was strange because I didn't have them both at the same time, but they kept switching off. One moment I would have a cold,the next I would have the flu. It was really strange. So I went on exchange with Elder Bevans, over in Wilkes-Barre south, because he was sick as well. We drank a lot of juice... And a lot of NyQuil....In the end we all got better though! 

So due to the sickness we really didn't get much done. We did however have our last lesson with Jimmy before he headed back to Utah. I don't remember if I've told you much about him, but he moved out to Utah about a year ago and had this huge life changing experience. We started teaching him because he was back at his aunt's house, who is a member. But Jimmy is one of the most prepared people ever. I love that guy so much. He's one of those guys I'm gonna go hangout with after my mission because I can. He lives in Salt Lake and he even said he's going to get me lifelong season passes to Brighton so that'll be sweet. Honestly though I'm so excited for him to go back and tell all his friends that he wants to get baptized, and he is too. I love it. That is why, even in Utah, you need to do missionary work. 

One fun thing is this... Before my mission... Anyone ever seen me play basketball? Nope. I don't think so at all. But I play so much basketball out here. I'm not that bad actually... Besides the fact that my wrestling instincts sometimes kick in... And people don't like that too much.... Oh and I can't shoot, or dribble... I can run around real fast though! And I play good defense. So it's a party all day long. Anyways. That's my week!

The church is true! Being sick sucks! But one of my favorite scriptures is this...

23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to
act for yourselves--to choose the way of everlasting death or the way
of eternal life. (2 Nephi 10:23)

Be happy! It's your choice! Either choose to be happy, or choose to not be.

Love you all,
~Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment