Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day FB Post & Letter

Do you see this guy? This guy is the silliest, goofiest, hardest working, humble guys that has ever existed. But so much more than that, he is my dad. Through his example I have been able to see a glimpse of who my Heavenly Father is. No one could have taught me better what it means to work hard and serve others.


{Letter Elder J sent his dad on Father's Day.}

Dear Dad,

Happy Father's Day! Thank you so much for being a great dad. Times have been not always the greatest, and you have had to work very hard to support and care for your family, but it is all worth it in the end. You have always been there for me. You've taught me how to fish, how to play bomber man. You've taught me who the big wiener is, and I can't tell you how many times you've taught me how to walk up a hill.

You are such a great example to me. You've kept me safe from the terrible things going on out in the world, and you have a testimony of the gospel, of which I am so thankful. Thank you so much for taking me home teaching, and teaching me what a great priesthood holder should act like. You are amazing dad and I love you so much. Thank you for helping me get a glimpse of what our Heavenly Father is like,through your example. I want you to remember one thing...God knows all the
evil that is going on in the world.


17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments; (D&C 1:17)


If you follow the commandments that have been restored to the fullest of your ability, you will be kept safe from all the terrible things that are happening around you. The Gospel is restored. Use it.

With all the love in the world,
~Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment