Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013 ~ Week 22

Merry Christmas!
Hello everyone! So this week... It's been pretty good. One thing about being companions with the district leader is that we go on exchanges a ton! So I was on exchange for most of the week, and to be honest, I don't really remember much of what we did on those days... We did do quite a bit of tracting, so that was fun. Thursday we had our zone Christmas conference, so we drove down in the East Elders car to the Nazareth chapel and we had it there! We watched "Ephraim's Rescue," which by the way is super super good, and I highly encourage everyone watch it. Then there was a talent show... I didn't do anything in it because I'm boring. :) But it was super fun! They brought all of our Christmas presents to it, and Elder Jones in the office likes to pick on me because my mom loves me. :P Which I'm totally fine with. He would make me kneel down and beg for each present I got in front of everyone.  It would have been funnier if it was someone other than me, but I'm me and it was totally fine. So that was great!

 We had church as a ward yesterday rather than in the groups, and can I just say, that we have the most awesome ward leaders ever. They are the most legit ever.  They do so much to make sure that the ward and it's members are taken care of. We watched "Joy to the World" in Sunday School, and that was the first time I ever watched it. It was definitely nothing like I would have expected. It was funny. So then Elder Turpin called home yesterday cause his family was all in town for that day only, (He got permission) So far I have no plans for Christmas besides calling home, but that's the best part right? I'll make sure that Christmas feels like Christmas no matter what happens!  Thursday we are going to the Rieder, Oustrich, Jones, "After Christmas Party." Everyone in our ward is related, so it's pretty much a group Christmas party. I will send some pictures next week when I find my cord. Today for P-day I am going to go buy a pair of Basketball shoes with the money my Grandma and Grandad sent me for my birthday. We are at the library right now, then taking the bus to the Dickson City mall! FUN stuff!  Well everyone...Thank you for your prayers and being awesome! 



During these last few days before Christmas, let us remember:
"Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values. It is peace because we have found peace in the Savior’s teachings. It is the time we realize most deeply that the more love is expended, the more there is of it for others." Thomas S Monson
Love you all!

~Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment