Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014 ~ Week 72

Hey everyone, so first things first, Sadik was baptized yesterday!! Hooray! It was so powerful and awesome I loved it. The spirit was so special, and there were so many people from the ward there to support him. It was awesome. All his family was there, and the experience as a whole was just perfect. 



Besides that, not a whole lot has happened this week. We spent a lot of time making sure that Sadik would be ready for his baptism, and I went on exchange with Elder Pollman over in Bayview Ward as well. Thursday we had zone training and it was absolutely incredible. It was on family history work, and the zone leaders did such a great job at it. It's funny, when I was with Elder Goates we used family history so much, but once we parted our ways I kind of stopped using it. I hope to use it a whole lot more effectively now. 

So for those who may not know, today is my last day as a teenager ever. I turn 20 tomorrow... That means I'll not even be a big kid anymore... I'll be a grown up... Gross. It's all good though. Growing up isn't so bad really. Sure you have opposition, and you can't do all the things you used to do, and you have to take more responsibility for things, but it is in essence the growing process we all go through. I'm growing physically, emotionally, and socially, but I'm also growing spiritually, and for that I'm grateful. One thing I would ask of you guys is this: please pray for me. I'm having a great deal of difficulty with a relationship, and I could really use some extra help. The learning and growing process is great, but sometimes the Refiner's fire gets hotter than we can handle alone. But I'm pretty grateful that my Heavenly Father can trust me with trials. It shows me that I really can do it, and throughout our trials we learn that we can't depend on our own talents, skills and nature, but must rely on our Father in Heaven. I'm grateful for growth. Most of all though, I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, who is with me, and has been there. I love you all! Have a great week and #ShareTheGift!

~Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment