Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014 ~ Week 70

Well everyone, this week has been crazy. Super crazy. But all in all its been amazing. 
A couple highlights being: Going on exchange with the zone leaders and having an awesome time with them and setting Sadek, a 13 year old we are teaching, with a baptismal date. He's Janet and Rey's son and for some reason Janet and Rey have been taught all the lessons, but no one thought to ask Sadek if he wanted to be baptized. So he's been taught nothing, but we are working on it. He's excited to be baptized though, and he has been going to scouts and church and can't wait to pass the sacrament. Exciting stuff! We also found and taught a Chinese student who has absolutely no knowledge or belief in God. It was so hard to teach him and I ended up leaving frustrated, but it was the best experience. Hopefully we'll see him again sometime soon. 

The work is going really well and we are finding lots of new investigators which is awesome. All in all I am learning and growing so much right now and I'm amazed at how far I've come and also at how far I've yet to go. It seems like the further I get along the path, the further I have to go. Good thing I have the rest of eternity to get it though, right? 

Seeing as how it's Thanksgiving week, I figure I could end this email with some of the things I'm most grateful for. I'm grateful for my family. They are the most amazing, most supportive ever. They serve me and love me in ways that I could never even imagine, and they make me feel so loved. I'm grateful I get to be with them forever. I'm grateful for God's plan for me. He knows what I need and I couldn't ever imagine being where I am without his guidance and protection. I'm grateful for my weakness. I'm amazed at how merciful God was when he decided that I shouldn't be perfect right away. Being able to work diligently at improving myself is such a blessing. I'm grateful for the knowledge I've been blessed with. Heavenly Father has taught me so much about life, and the scriptures, and people.  The understanding that I have helps me to have a whole lot of peace in this life. I'm grateful for friends that I've been sent and people that pray for me and care for me. I'm grateful for the emails, and the letters. But more than anything, I'm grateful for my Savior. I really am. He means so much to me, and I know He is with me. 

Take care my friends. Be grateful!

~Elder Jorgensen


I have sent my boy a lot of packages but this was by far my favorite.  His sweet smile and genuine happiness in this picture made it ALL worth it.  Happy Thanksgiving!



Friends From Wilkes-Barre










No comments:

Post a Comment