Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014 ~ Week 51

Hello everyone!

Yet another week has come and gone here in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania and the mission work is still going strong! We have been able to have an awesome week! It's definitely been a learning week for me though. It felt like new lessons to learn were around every corner. Funny what happens when you are searching for revelation... You get it. 


At the beginning of my mission I always thought that the only reason I wasn't perfect at everything was because I wasn't trying hard enough... That is a problem I've actually had for most of my life. Being patient with myself has never been a strong point. But hey! Ether 12:27 says my weaknesses will be made into strengths right? They are. It's incredibly humbling to look back even 3-4 weeks and see how much better I am at everything I do. I have moments when I slip, but when we just keep going we just keep growing! 

This Monday we were able to teach an investigator, Louise, and we asked her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. She said she would think about it and pray about it, but that she would prepare to be baptized in August. I'm excited for her, mostly because she already knows it's true. You can tell as a missionary what people know, and what they have testimonies of. It's pretty easy. The hard part is helping them realize it. That's why prayer is so important though! Heavenly Father knows how to teach people so much better than I can, and he knows them so much better than I do! 

The rest of the week has been awesome as well, and I will never get over people telling us how perfect our timing was when we knock on their door. It's the best feeling in the world knowing we are being led and directed by God. 

So my Mom wants more pictures... I will send more pictures today. Some of them may be older ones, but here are some pictures.

Love you all.

~Elder Jorgensen

P.S.
So remember one thing... Sisters covered my area before we got here. We are saved in everyone's phone as the "sisters." We must act our part. This week I learned how to make cinnamon rolls from scratch. I've made 4 or 5 dozen of them this week, and we have been having a lot of fun giving them to people and telling them I made them from scratch. I didn't take any pictures unfortunately...


4th of July











Elder Pintor, Elder Bevans, and Elder Jorgensen

Elder Jorgensen and Elder Bevans

No comments:

Post a Comment