Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014 ~ Week 44

Good morning fellow citizens! Happy Memorial Day! 


You all should 
remember stuff, because it's Memorial Day. That sounds like a good thing to do. I'm going to try and remember stuff too. Let's see what sort of stuff do I remember? Aha! I remember that baths still are the most miserable experience ever. I also remember that one time when Elder Goates was sick and so not much got done. I also remember when the EVIL TOAD KING ATTACKED!!!!! It was on Thursday... I think... And all of the sudden he appeared in the sky! He challenged me to a battle, and me, being the super amazing, powerful super hero I am, accepted the call to fight evil! He began to spit huge balls of ice at me, but I did not fear!
{This picture was borrowed from a Reading member's FB page.}
 I shielded myself from his barrage of frozen droplets with our roof, and managed to protect my ailing, afflicted, sleeping companion as well. I had to be smart, I had to keep my cool. Sooner or later the evil king had to get tired, seeing as I had no immediate counter attack options, I decided to wait out his attack.
Unfortunately, as I was buying time, waiting for the precise moment to take the offense, the city of Reading was being destroyed! It was terrible! But the worst of the battle had yet to come! Soon enough the toad grew weary, and descended down to do battle with me mono, y mono. The battle was long, the battle was hard, and yet, I came out victorious! As a result of our battle I was able to receive an important clue in advancing the missionary work in the area! I was told that someone wanted to meet us! Someone who we had stopped seeing due to a lack of progression! He told us he wanted to get baptized, and he was willing to do whatever it took. So that was great. He came to church too! Thus, we see that the end of my time in Reading was spent well.

So it hailed a lot. Cars were destroyed, most of the windows at the hospital were broken, I was told it made national news, but I don't know that for myself. We were fine. Besides that elder Goates was sick so we weren't really able to do anything. Fernando is getting baptized now so that's cool! I am getting transferred, so I will live somewhere else tomorrow! I don't know where yet! I'll let all you know next week though! Have a great one! Happy Memorial Day!

~Elder Jorgensen



{So thankful for this sweet member in Reading...she was an answer to this mama's prayers.}

Reading and Pottstown Missionaries
Silly Missionaries

Elder Jorgensen and Sister Singleton

No comments:

Post a Comment