Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21, 2013 ~ Week 26

Hey there everyone! 
So I've found out that me and Elder Turpin are both getting transferred. It's kind of weird to think I've only been here for 6 weeks and I'm leaving already! Just when I was starting to figure things out! Darn, oh well! I'm so super excited for wherever I'm going though.

This week has been a lot of just prep work for the next set of missionaries coming in, and also packing... That's one thing I've realized that I hate... Packing. It takes forever! I only have like 2 suitcases worth of stuff, but I'm kind of super unorganized in case you forget... So my stuff is scattered all throughout the apartment and it takes forever to find it all, organize it all, and put it into my suitcase! WHY IS MY LIFE SO HARD?!?!?!?! :) 

On a completely unrelated side note, I realized this week that I am a whiner! YES! A WHINER. I whine about EVERYTHING. I don't know how Elder Turpin hasn't killed me yet! "I have to pee," "I'm out of milk!" "I spilled water on my shirt" "I'm tired," ETC.  Oh my gosh! It never ends! But hey, now that I notice it, I can change it right? That is one thing that I'm kind of in awe about concerning a mission. Now that may just be something that's kind of just a bit silly, but every single day, every single week, I become more and more aware of who I am. Not just the "I am a child of God" stuff, but what do I like? What bugs me? What is it like to be me? It's strange how out of touch I was with myself, strange indeed! But I'm slowly but surely figuring it out, and the best part is that I have my Heavenly Father that is teaching me every single step of the way, helping me to be the version of me that he would have me be. It's AMAZING and I'm so thankful that I'm able to talk to Him about myself, without feeling like I'm bugging him, or that I'm being selfish, because I know that He just wants to help me be the BEST me that I can be! Anyways, there is my ADD letter of the week. :) 

Thanks again for all the love and the support! I appreciate it so much! I'll let you all know next week where I'm at and who I'm with! Much love!
-Elder Jorgensen!
{I found this picture on FB this week.  This is Elder Jorgensen with his 2nd companion when they were saying good-bye.  It kind of goes with Elder J's comment about whining....right?}

No comments:

Post a Comment