Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014 ~ Week 25

Hello there everyone! First off, I would first like to apologize! I guess my letter I sent last week could be considered by some to be sad, and discouraging. I promise that I'm doing fantastic and I'm so happy and just glad to be here serving a mission. 

One of my favorite things about serving a mission, besides just seeing the growth and change and happiness in others people's lives, is to see the growth and change in myself. A mission changes you, for the better. Far more than I would have ever imagined. There is no better way to learn and understand the Gospel, than to live it each and every single day. The best part is that I have a secret! I have a hidden solution to all of life's problems! All those things that angsty, white, teenage girls complain about on twitter? (My previous self included) Nonsense! Our Heavenly Father has prepared a way for us to understand the simplicity of life, and to live so that we can be happy, and ultimately return to Him! You know what's the best part about this secret? I'm trying to share it with everyone, every single day of my life. As long as we hold fast to the instruction we've received (Commandments) we don't need to worry about anything! I'm so grateful for being able to serve my Heavenly Father and help people be safe! There is no better calling on Earth than that of a missionary.

 That being said, I'm so excited for our area. Things are about to be exploding here in Taylor. There is so much excitement about missionary work from the members, and once we find a way to efficiently work with them, there will be nothing that can stop this work from progressing! I'm so excited to see what the next couple of weeks have in store! I'm sending a bunch of pictures to my mom today, so she will most likely be putting them on my home Facebook and on her blog thingy.  Know that I love each and every one of you, and that we really are led and guided by the hand of God.

Lot's of love!!

~Elder Jorgensen

{WE FINALLY GOT SOME PICTURES!!! YAY!  They are kind of random but proof that 
Elder Jorgensen really is on a mission. ENJOY!}
This is my ALL-TIME favorite picture in the history of EVER.  We sent Elder Jorgensen a life-sized paper version of us to celebrate his special day.  LOVE it!












{At first, I thought he was showing us that he was making jello.}

{Until this picture.  NOW I have no idea....}



No comments:

Post a Comment