Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013 ~ Week 16

ATTENTION EVERYONE! MY NAME IS ELDER JORGENSEN. I AM A MISSIONARY FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS, SERVING IN THE PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA MISSION. I LOVE THE GOSPEL. It is perfect, it is sincere, it is a gospel of love, and I love being able to spend every single second of every single day sharing it with those around me. 

The past week has been trying, as my own weaknesses and imperfections shined brightly. I could never do enough, but that is a lie. All that is expected, all that is required is that I do all I can. After I do all that I can, the Lord fills in the rest. People still have the choice to accept what the spirit teaches through me, but as long as I can feel the spirit testifying through me, it doesn't matter what happens. I've done my job. But this past week has been pretty meh. We had a lot of appointments fall through, but we got a few new good investigators, so that is good. Cynthia didn't come to church though so I'm a little bit nervous to see if she will be ready for next week. Who knows? I have faith. 

It is getting colder here, and I love it. I hate when it's hot and muggy. Philly is always crazy and it's always sad to see the quality of lives people are living that don't have the gospel. It really does make such a huge difference in the lives and happiness of people. I apologize for the shortness of this letter.

~Elder Jorgensen

{Short but sweet BUT I got a picture.  It's a good day!}

No comments:

Post a Comment