Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 ~Week 9

"Hey everyone! So I'm emailing at the Library this week and only have 7 minutes left before this computer turns off on me, so... yeah! This week has felt like the longest week in the history of weeks... Although the MTC weeks took longer.  

Anyways, Monday we went to Old City Tee's in Center City which is a t-shirt shop that is famous among missionaries... like if no one went there but missionaries, the place would stay in business. They make custom t-shirts there. It's super cool. I bought a Phillies sweatshirt and this place is so close with the missionaries, that they have the mission logo available to put on a t-shirt, so I got one of those too. (I was just informed I have 20 more minutes to email. Convenient.) Monday night we went to the Shumways for dinner. They invited both companionships to go over and it was awesome. They are pretty darn cool. They tried giving us money so that we could go to the zoo, but I took it and just left it on the counter. Hehehe, I AM SO SNEAKY!!!! Wednesday we got our new District leader, Elder Kitsell. He's from England! I've found out that me and him have a ton in common, not as in what we did or whatever, but just the way we act and the kind of people we are. He's a bit older, but me and him were talking about who we were before our mission and it was amazing to see how much I've grown up. Honestly I will never understand the person I was just 3 months ago. He was awful! I'm so grateful that I'm here, and have seen how important life really is, and have learned not to let little things bother me. To be honest though, I haven't really had any of that homesickness hit me yet, until the last week or two. Not enough to distract me from doing my work, because I do focus on missionary work as much as I can, but late at night, or during email time, it has started to affect me a little bit. I really do miss you all, and have just started to realize the profound impact many of you have made upon my life, and for each and every single one of you, I will be forever grateful.

 One  amazing thing that happened this week..... So we have been dropping by to visit this lady named Cynthia ever since I've gotten here. She is the sister of a member and she has two kids, and her husband is still in Liberia trying to get over here. We had our first real lesson with her last week, which I believe I told you all about, but then this week we had another lesson. When we asked her if she read her BOM she said she didn't know where to read. So we asked her if she had any questions about life, or just anything. Her question? How can I know that I need to be baptized again? So we taught her about the last two paragraphs in the Intro to the BOM. Read it!  They're awesome. 

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)

Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah".  

But then after we explained that to her, we committed her to be baptized on October 27th!!! So exciting. It really is amazing seeing how excited she got, and just the light that the gospel has brought into her life. 

On a completely random side note, I really love Jello. Like I made Jello 3 times this week, and grudgingly shared with Elder Hopkins. I could have eaten it all on my own. But oh well! I'm starting to get super duper fat. I don't know if it's true, but it looks like it, and I'm losing my wrestlers body which makes me sad... oh well I guess! We have sisters in our ward too! There haven't been sisters in our Zone for a long time, but they just opened up an area that used to be part of ours. It's where all the rich jewish people live. good luck to them I guess! I made brownies for district meeting and everyone was happy. So that was good! 

I honestly am done now, and I love each and every single one of you. Thank you so much for your love and support. Bye!"

~Elder Jorgensen


{LOVE this cute boy and his companion!  Not quite sure what this picture is about but HE SENT ME A PICTURE!}

No comments:

Post a Comment