Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015 ~ Week 93

Hey everyone!
So, if I might give you a brief recap of the week...
Tuesday we spent the day saying goodbye to people, teaching a few lessons, and making sure everything was nice and organized before I left the area.

Wednesday we woke up, I finished up getting packed, we drove to the church, and waited for the Fletchers to get there.  The Fletchers are some awesome members in the Bayview Ward that always drive the missionaries to transfers.  We hopped in Brother Fletcher's truck then headed off to transfers! 

Transfers were super intense. I knew I was going to be a zone leader, so that meant I had a few options for where I would go. That was stressful. It was getting towards the end of everyone being announced and I thought that the only person left was Elder Morris.  I thought I was just going to move from my ward to the YSA in Delaware. I was excited and nervous, but then SURPRISE! I'm in Valley Forge West zone! We live right next to Valley Forge park and technically we live in Norristown. My companion is Elder Dalyn Bergman from Tremonton, Utah.  He's a wrestler and a fantastic guy. We have pretty different personalities but in the best way. Ever since we've been companions, I have gained a huge amount of respect for him and I'm very excited to keep working with him. Ever since I've gotten here it's just been go-go-go and I LOVE it. Never a second to spare. 

The past few days all pretty much blend together in my head, so I'll give you some highlights. We have 2 investigators with baptismal dates that are progressing. Will and Nancy...they are really cool. We met with them and taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helped them to realize how it could help them overcome some of the particular struggles they are facing in their lives. It was fantastic. We've been really focusing on talking to everyone and as a result we have a ton of new people to teach. We've probably found 15-16 new potentials since Wednesday. It's so much fun. We have Norristown in our area, which is a dense city, and there are so many people to talk to. When you've been in Delaware for 6 months, the city is so refreshing. Now the challenge isn't finding people, but finding people who keep commitments. It's nice because we don't only have city though. We have a lot of nicer area, which is a good contrast.

I'm having a ton of fun, and I am really enjoying it here. 

Love you! Talk to you next week! 

~Elder Jorgensen

{Note from the mom....Funny story.....in my email today I told Elder Jorgensen to keep his head in the game and stay focussed.  His reply was, "MOM, I AM VERY FOCUSED. EVERYONE ELSE WHO EMAILS ME NEEDS TO STAY FOCUSED. Y'ALL ARE THE TRUNKIEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET."}  :) 



Thanks to Brother F for the pictures....again.
Elder Jorgensen and Elder Bergman at transfers






No comments:

Post a Comment