Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 ~ Week 35

Hey everyone-

So Reading is a silly place. Now when I say silly, it can mean a great number of different things. But the one aspect of Reading's silliness I would like to talk about today, is about what I call the Reading Cycle. Now I'm sure that this cycle isn't just specific to Reading, but it is the place I have associated it with. So,here is how it works. We have a huge resolve to work super hard, and we decide where the Reading temple will be located, and we make goals and plans, and have a solid plan of action to translate Reading. Then we go out, work super hard, and see huge success. Then the next week rolls along and we have either been dropped, or been unable to contact 80% of our investigators. Now isn't that silly? But the work goes on right? So although this week has been a challenging one, and the Reading cycle has done some work on my stress levels, I know that as I press forward in faith, there is nothing that can stop me. You see, I have this brother... His name is Jesus Christ. He knows what I am going through, and he knows what places I'm struggling in, and he helps me. He knows what it feels like to suffer for the worst of the worst and he doesn't want me to have to feel that way, ever. So he is giving me the challenges and the resources that I need right now, so that I never have to suffer the really terrible things that he knows will happen if I don't keep the commandments. 



Highlights of this week! 

Highlight #1
In a lesson with Nathan we asked him if he had any questions about the gospel. Nathan responded with, "yeah! Who made it?" To which we responded, "Heavenly Father." To which he exclaimed, "Oh! Well that makes a lot of sense!" Love him. So excited for him to get baptized, when we asked him who he wanted to talk at his baptism he screamed, "I WANT ELDER JORGENSEN." That made me laugh. He's such a great kid. 

Another highlight! We were having dinner with a member family that was having some struggles. They asked us to give them a blessing. Mid blessing the rain starts pounding on the roof. It was deafening, especially because they lived in a trailer home. What popped into my mind was Helaman 5:12. Go read that, and see the power behind it in this situation. It was amazing. {Helaman 5:12 ~ And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."}


Highlight #3! We bought tennis rackets and now play tennis every morning for our work out. It is so much fun! But the first day we played we locked ourselves out of our apartment on accident, so we had to wait until the leasing office opened to get isn't our apartment...That was at 10... We started playing tennis at 6:30.... We ended up playing tennis for 3 hours straight that day because we had nothing better to do. That was a fun day! 

Anyways, there is my week! It's been pretty great! Oh... One more thing... The post office is broken I guess. Every single letter I have sent in the past month has come back to me. It's happened to other people in the ward too so it's not just my handwriting. Plus it finds it's way back, so that is a positive as well. Oh! Another announcement! I just finished my 3rd tube of toothpaste on my mission! That doesn't sound like a lot... But I promise that I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day. I don't know where that tangent came from... But yeah! Happy things! Oh also, there are two kinds of tired you get on your mission... Tired because you never stop working, and tired because you never stop getting fed. I felt both of those this week, in bulk. Anyways, the church is true!!! 




~Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment