Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 ~ Week 34

Dear everyone,

First I would like to apologize for not sending my big email out last week. You see what had happened was that as I was typing it, the Reading 2nd elders showed up, and we went to lunch... We all know that if I don't finish something when I start it, the chances of me remembering it are slim... So yeah! 

Anyways, these past two weeks have been full of miracles. Amazing things are happening in our area. My new companion is Elder Caleb Goates. He is from Levan, Utah.  He went to BYU for 2 years to be a physics teacher and now he is here! He has been out for a year and a half and was a zone leader for the past 5 transfers. He is super awesome. I would say the biggest strength that me and Elder Goates have together is seriously just our vision. We both understand what
we want our area to be like and what we want for our investigators. It's so much easier and more effective when we both are working towards a common goal. 

Keeping that in mind, the past two weeks we have 7 new investigators we are working with which is so awesome. We have 3 new less actives we've been working with, and the ward is behind us 100%. We are seeing so many miracles I don't even know where to begin! But I will talk about Jayda and Nathan a little bit. So Jayda is a member's friend. She's 12 years old, and we had only talked to her when we were at the members home, once, like a month ago. I have been talking to her and teaching her on Facebook, and she's been loving everything, but because of various things we were never able to meet with her again. But then she came to church yesterday! It was so awesome. The member brought her. She had an amazing time in young women's and afterwards the teacher of the class came up to me and started asking us what she could do to help us teach her, and that was insane! Oh also Kyle (he is autistic and has some social problems) came up to us at church and just asked us what he could do to help his friend join the church. So exciting and awesome.  Kyle is a stud and I love him so much. Ok!

Then there is Nathan. I've come to find this kid as like my best friend. He's 12, and he's autistic, but I love talking to him so much. Every time we teach him, me and him have set apart the last 15 minutes to just talk about video games. It's the only way we can kind of keep him on topic. Every time he gets off I promise to talk to him about it for the last 15 minutes. I enjoy that so much. He's such a great kid, and I love him to death. 

One last miracle...We finally saw Fernando again! He will pretty much for sure get baptized. He just has some changes he has to make, but he expressed to us how badly he wants to make them, and how he really just wants to keep meeting with us. He keeps his commitments so I'm not too worried about him as long as he keeps up with that. I honestly love that guy so much. It's really really hard for me because I understand exactly where he is in his conversion. I was kind of where he is right now mentally, just a few months ago. I just kind of want to yell at him and tell him what his problem is, but it doesn't work that way. A study of true doctrine changes behavior faster than a study of behavior changes behavior. 

So that is how my life is going. It is full of ups and downs and struggles and successes, but I know that this gospel is true and that the efforts I'm making now are helping me change into the person I need to be, in
order to be happy for the rest of eternity. I love you all! Have a great week. :)

~Elder Jorgensen


Reading Zone??? (Not sure what it is actually called)

Silly Missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment