Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014 ~ Week 57

Hey everyone! 

This past week has been chaotic. Tuesday we got up at 4:45 AM and we went to pick the other elders up to drive them down to transfers... Our trunk wouldn't close though so we ended up just bungee cording it closed and then drove  3 1/2 hours with it just kind of closed. It was fine though. Oh also, so in the zone I'm in, the night before transfers we have a testimony meeting for departing missionaries. In the middle of the meeting we got a call from the assistants... So of course we answered... And they asked me to be the district leader... So that's fun. 

So then back to Tuesday, we went to transfers and everyone was asking me who I thought was going to be my companion... I kept saying Elder Kitsell... I was just joking, but then it happened in REAL LIFE. I got just a bit excited. So I get to kill Elder Kitsell! Hooray! {Kill means I'm his last companion on his  mission. I send him home. He only has 5 weeks left now.} So that's fun! 

Elder Kitsell had a baptism in his past area so we stayed for that and ended up getting stuck in Philly for a couple days, but we got back eventually. We then had my first district meeting. It was weird because I had to teach it. I was so nervous. It went well I feel though. I'm excited for my next one though because now I kind of know what I'm doing. It's so great being able to care about someone other than me. Being senior companion you have so many more responsibilities, and being district leader you have a lot. It's so nice because it pushes me to be better, but a call to leadership is definitely a call to repentance. This next week is going to be awesome though. We've got a lot of cool stuff coming up! I'll let you know how it goes! 

Love you!
~Elder Jorgensen

Elder Jorgensen and Grisel Vega at the Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment