Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 11, 2014 ~ Week 55

Hey everyone,

The past couple of weeks have been crazy. We've been everywhere, doing everything. I'll try to tell you guys about as much as I can. 
First off, sorry for not emailing last week. I kept putting it off, and putting it off, planning to email last thing of P-day... Then we got a call, and off we go to help a member move for the last 4 hours of our P-day. So I apologize for that, but know it was for a great cause...

The member we helped move... That was an experience. They lived in their apartment for 23 years. They told us Friday night it would take 2 hours to get everything into the U-haul. They had already taken several truckloads of stuff down to their new house. It took us, them, and the high priest group leader 4 hours last Friday night to load that truck. We were nearly killed while carrying a 400 pound solid steel dresser down the stairs. I went through the wall with it...Literally. It was interesting... And that was day one of helping them move. Saturday a bunch of other members went and helped them some more, and we went over for just a little bit. Then Monday we went over again for four hours. {That was P-Day.} This time half the ward was there and they still weren't done by the time we left. It was crazy. They took 2 U-haul trucks. Several pickup loads, and they completely filled a 30X15 dumpster with trash. It was just a tad ridiculous. But it was fun none the less! 

This past week I didn't spend much time in my area. On Tuesday I went on exchange with Elder Dopp in Wilkes-Barre South. That's a walking area, which was weird to be in again. We walked for all day. We really weren't able to teach a whole lot though. Then on Wednesday we had zone conference, which was amazing. President
Anderson knows what's up. So awesome. It was weird seeing everyone there that came out with me though. We all just started talking about what we were doing on THAT day one year ago, which just happened to be the day we flew out to the field. So it was crazy! Then I went on exchange with Elder Stubbs up in Scranton. It was a great time...Didn't get to teach anyone though. We only had like 5 lessons this week, and I wasn't even there for any of them... Exchanges are
awesome... But sometimes they suck too. Anyways, I've got to go because time grows short, and it's about time to do missionary work again! Love you all!

~Elder Jorgensen

I have NEVER seen that kid clean a toilet....until now!

Elder Jorgensen & Elder Pintor



No comments:

Post a Comment