Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014 ~ Week 39

Hey everyone! First off, this has been a super great week. For those that don't know, Pennsylvania is such a stinkin' beautiful place. One of my favorite things in the world is waking up in the morning, going outside as the sun is just coming up, hearing all of the different wildlife sounds, and seeing all the different kinds of trees and plants. It is so peaceful. Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do without hearing the geese honk, and the woodpeckers peck in the mornings. It's going to be so weird! 

Anyways, down to business. Looking back at the week it has been forever long. It seems like the first week of a transfer is always the longest, I just figured it was because you had a new companion, or were in a new area, or both, but I've got the same companion and I'm in the same area, so it's weird. So there have been a ton of changes in the zone, and we now have both sets of Elders in the Spanish ward in our district, one set being the zone leaders. So it's a lot different having Elders in our district again. Before it was just me, Elder Goates, and 2 sets of sisters. We get to go on exchanges again and I'm so excited for that! For the past 2 transfers all the exchanges I've been on have been with the Zone Leaders. That was after my transfer in Scranton where we went on exchanges almost 2 times a week. So I'm excited for that again! 

As far as actual missionary work goes, it's great! Our one super awesome investigator Trey, is still doing amazing. Every time we teach him it seriously feels like we are teaching a member already. He went to institute on Wednesday and we went with him. It was kind of nerve-wracking though because he totally got singled out the whole time, but it was in a good way. The teacher kept bringing up that he was getting baptized and she was so excited for him and that if he had any questions to ask. It was way funny because at one point he had a question of, "Who's talking in that scripture?" And she went on to summarize the entire book of Mosiah in 60 seconds. He was so confused, but it all works out in the end because the Spirit is awesome. Our District Meeting last week was on using Family History in finding, which was super good. It is honestly such a fun way to do missionary work. With that, I've been doing a ton of Family History work, both for myself, and for investigators. It is so fun and so exciting when you find someone, but even more exciting when you get the chance to get some names to send off to your family to go do in the temple. Honestly one of the best feelings ever!

 As far as how I am doing? I am having the time of my life. I love being a missionary so much, and I wouldn't trade the lessons I'm learning, and the experiences I'm having for anything in the whole entire world! I know that this Gospel is true. I know that anyone who follows it and learns it with wholeness of heart, will be immeasurably more happy in this life than they would without it. Thanks for all your love and support!!!

~Elder Jorgensen



{I found these gems on FB. (Thanks Dianne!)  From what I can tell, they were acting out a scene (Helaman 9) from the Book of Mormon for the Youth's Murder Mystery dinner!}




No comments:

Post a Comment