Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013 ~ Week 4

"This week has been awesome. I'm really getting used to being on a schedule now and I love it. My time has become so much more productive and so much more focused. It's incredible the things that I can do and learn in just a day. Riding SEPTA around everyday is so much fun. We live right next to 69th Street Terminal so we almost never have to wait for a bus. The people around here are so diverse. There are so  many different cultures and religions. It's crazy. I never thought that real life people could actually be Muslim and wear the Muslim clothes around everywhere. I don't mean that to be discriminatory or anything, it just seemed like something people far away do. Me and my companion get along well. One of my favorite things is when we are walking down the street and just saying hi to people and talking to them a little bit. It was scary at first but just about everyone else says hi back to you. Also If you are cheery and happy and full of enthusiasm people notice it and they feed off of it. My favorite thing is when Elder Hopkins says hi to someone and they say hi real fast back. Then I smile and ask them how their day is and they smile and just open up to me. One thing I have promised myself is that I will never lose my enthusiasm and love for the people. I really do love each and every person I talk to and although it is hard sometimes, I know that what I am doing can help them be happy. 

Now for stories! So this week we visited a 17 year old kid named Eric. His grandma is a member that lives in Iowa. We taught him a little bit about the restoration but it wasn't a very good lesson. Mostly because his stepdad was watching TV in the other room. He was interested in what we have to teach, and he had questions, but we didn't do a very good job answering them. I know that next time it will be different though. We also visited Francis who is this awesome 60 year old Liberian. She has an eye infection so she can't read the BOM but once it heals I know that she is going to be able to read and love it. She is so awesome and already has such a strong faith. I can't wait to see how much stronger her faith will be once she reads the BOM. It really is such a blessing that we have this sacred record. We also visited Kimberly who is a very cool lady. She told me that I had destiny written all over my face, and that one day I would be a millionaire as long as I worked hard. It was pretty funny. Oh my gosh. There are so many dead kitties in the street. Honestly it is the most horrible thing ever. There are starving kitties everywhere and the other day we saw a little baby kitty that was in some bushes, or rather I saw her, and the second we walked by she was so scared and I just wanted to tell her it was o.k. One funny thing is how often I get hit on. Apparently black girls just like me. The other day we were walking down the street and this group of maybe 8-10 girls came up to us all confrontational like and started saying, "Hey what you doin walkin up and down my block..... Ooh you got pretty eyes, wanna be my sugah daddy? Come back here sugah! I want to stare into your eyes foreva!" They followed us for a couple blocks. Twas funny. Stuff like that has happened a few times. We visited with Titus and Crystal and taught them the rest of what they have to learn to be baptized. So we will be baptizing them on the 25th! I'm so excited for them! It has been an awesome experience seeing them. I've only seen them a couple times, and only had one lesson with them but I'm so proud of them and I love them so much! I'm growing closer and closer to my Heavenly Father everyday. I can see his blessing in  my life. I know what I need to work on to be better, and I swear that I am going to be the hardest working, most obedient, most diligent, most caring, most enthusiastic missionary I can be. Because The Lord deserves nothing less of me. I've given two years of my life to Him. So I will SERVE for two years. I love you all so much. If you have any other questions that I didn't answer in this shoot me an email. I don't have much time to respond to all of them every week, but I will get to you. I love hearing your comments and support. You are always in my prayers."

No comments:

Post a Comment